The International Partnership on Religion and Sustainable Development (PaRD) aims to strengthen and institutionalise cooperation on religion and development between bilateral and multilateral development agencies and civil society organisations. To that end, PaRD invites civil society and non-governmental organisations such as religious organisations, secular NGOs, community initiatives, foundations, academic institutions, and other relevant development organisations committed to the 2030 Agenda to become its partners.
PaRD is free to join.
Our partnership offers access to a growing community of members and partners contributing their knowledge and insights in various ways. Through active participation in PaRD, members and partners shape the discourse on religion and development on a global stage. They are committed to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda and identify with the following guiding principles:
- Commitment to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Human Rights standards
- Focus on the 2030 Agenda and the implementation of the SDGs
- Equality of all humans
- Leave no one behind – Inclusivity and diversity in regional, sectoral, religious and gender representation
- Agreement to reciprocity by not only benefitting from PaRD, but also contributing one’s own expertise
- Transparency in governance structure and decision making procedures
- Intellectual ownership – contributing members and partners remain owners of their publications and products
- Dedication to building bridges between existing knowledge of governments and civil society initiatives
- Non-profit status – programmes, products and publications developed and made accessible through PaRD have no commercial purpose and are available to all members and partners
- Self-reflexivity and regular critical review of work and outcomes
Would you like to become a partner? Please find more information here.