The co-hosts Middle East Council of Churches, KAICIID, Interreligious Platform for Dialogue and Cooperation in the Arab World, ACT Alliance and Islamic Relief Worldwide, World Vision International, Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities are convening the second of a series of seminars on The Role of Local Faith Actors in Implementing the Global Compact on Refugees on June 18th, 2019.
The goals of the Saminar are to:
- Present robust evidence on faith actors and their work to support refugees and migrants.
- Call for greater consultation and collaboration with faith actors, particularly local faith actors, delivering refugee protection and humanitarian assistance.
- Encourage the humanitarian community (donors, NGOs and coordination bodies) to build and sustain partnerships with local actors, including local faith actors.
- Formulate relevant policy recommendations for global and national governmental agencies, and humanitarian NGOs with regards to multi-stakeholder response and implementation of the GCR.
- Provide support for the UNHCR December Forum on Refugees.
Please note that attendance at this working meeting is by invitation and advance registration only.