The objective of this virtual roundtable, which was held on September 3, 2020, was to facilitate an honest exchange between stakeholders i.e. governmental entities, intergovernmental organisations, academia and faith-based organisations/ faith inspired organisations (FBOs/FIOs) on funding needs/gaps and invisibility of FBOs/FIOs, especially of local faith actors (LFA) and grassroot organisations as they respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Prof. Mohammed Abu-Nimer, PaRD Co-chair/KAICIID moderated the roundtable, aiming to answer how we could be more responsive and supportive to LFAs working on the ground.
Other representatives were:
- Dr. Kenneth Staley, Executive Director of the USAID COVID-19 Task Force Ms.
- Mercy Niwe, Lead of the Global Faith Engagement of the World Bank Group (WBG)
- Sheikh Nuruddeen Lemu, Director of Research and Training at the Daw’a Institute
- Dr. Thorsten Göbel, Head of Programmes at ACT Alliance Prof.
- Katherine Marshall, Director of the World Faiths Development Dialogue Center (WFDD) of the Berkley Center of Georgetown University
- Dr. Olivia Wilkinson, Director of Research of the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities
Read the full report