PaRD Multi-Stakeholder Roundtable discussion
The objective of this virtual roundtable, which was held on September 3, 2020, was to facilitate an honest exchange between stakeholders i.e. governmental entities, intergovernmental organisations, academia and faith-based organisations/ faith inspired organisations (FBOs/FIOs) on funding needs/gaps and invisibility of FBOs/FIOs, especially of local faith actors (LFA) and grassroot organisations as they respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Prof. Mohammed Abu-Nimer, PaRD Co-chair/KAICIID moderated the roundtable, aiming to answer how we could be more responsive and supportive to LFAs working on the ground.
Other representatives were:
- Dr. Kenneth Staley, Executive Director of the USAID COVID-19 Task Force Ms.
- Mercy Niwe, Lead of the Global Faith Engagement of the World Bank Group (WBG)
- Sheikh Nuruddeen Lemu, Director of Research and Training at the Daw’a Institute
- Dr. Thorsten Göbel, Head of Programmes at ACT Alliance Prof.
- Katherine Marshall, Director of the World Faiths Development Dialogue Center (WFDD) of the Berkley Center of Georgetown University
- Dr. Olivia Wilkinson, Director of Research of the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities